Tomorrow morning we are setting off bright and early back to AUSTRALIA for Christmas! Can you tell i’m excited? Every time I’m getting ready for a long haul flight, I always find myself frantically watching YouTube videos and/or reading blog posts on what I should pack in my carry on. The following is not only some tips for all of you, but a note to self about what I need to remember to pack. There is nothing worse than forgetting an essential on a long 13 hour (or 24 hour, if you’re heading to Australia like I am) flight.
Remember most international flights only allow 100ml liquids on the plane. This is why I bring an empty drink bottle with me to fill up in flight – this saves having to ask for tiny bottles of water constantly. Below I have listed my essentials for a long flight, obviously this can be altered to suit anybodies needs. At the very bottom of this post you will also find a downloadable .PDF file that you can print out and check off while you pack! I wanted to list everything below so I could explain it also.
- Toothbrush + Toothpaste
- Anti Bacterial wipes – To clean your tray table, hands, etc
- Eye drops – If you get dry irritated eyes
- Daily Medication
- Anti-Nausea Medication – EVEN if you don’t usually get motion sickness
- Hair brush + Hair ties
- Sanitary Products
- Fresh Underwear – you haven’t showered in hours! Also for if your checked luggage goes missing
- Makeup Wipes – easier than a cleanser
- Heavy Moisturiser
- Eye cream
- Hand Cream
- Hand Sanitiser
- Mini Perfume – I recently bought a Travalo which is perfect for flights!
- Lip Balm – Lucas Paw Paw Ointment is the only thing that works for me
- Headphones – Ear puds + Noise cancelling
- Music/Podcasts – prepare prior to flight day!
- Laptop (only if necessary for work etc)
- Pen & Paper
- Deck of cards
*I don’t bother with an iPad or downloading movies, as I always fly Qantas who have an amazing array of movies/tv shows to entertain!
- Chewing Gum
- Home made baked goods – what if you don’t like the plane food?!
- Empty drink bottle – to refill once in flight
- Jumper &/or scarf
- Neck pillow – an absolute MUST if you plan on sleeping
- Eye mask – a ‘do not disturb’ sign for your face
- Thick socks – for snoozing/walking around the cabin
- Chargers + Travel Adapters – incase of emergency
- Travel Documents – a photo copy of your passport, transfers & Visas
I hope this was helpful to you! If I have missed anything please let me know, I racked my brain trying to ensure I didn’t forget something. See you on the other side!